Future Water seminar series on the water crisis
This series is to engage with the current conversations on the water crisis through a series of two-weekly afternoon seminars on a range of topics to be presented by colleagues working within, or affiliated with, Future Water.
The remainder of the seminar series (provisionally scheduled for 14 March, 28 March, 11 April, 25 April, 9 May and 23 May) are likely to include the following general topics, although not necessarily in this order – we have yet to confirm speakers and/or exact titles:
- Inequality in water access and water use in South Africa - 28 February 2018
- Behavioural responses to the crisis
- Water governance and the drought
- Broader economic impacts
- Future climate impacts
- Public health aspects
- Future proofing cities – how to take this forward
- Impact of the use of decentralised (off-grid) water supply – particularly in respect of groundwater
Please feel free to contact us (FutureWater@uct.ac.za) with more specific or alternative suggestions for seminar topics, or as a speaker! Further details in this regard will be communicated on the Future Water website and via the Forum.